Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

four

My baby is turning four tomorrow.

Usually I first think
a-l-r-e-a-d-y?
But this time, its more like
we've had four
incredible years
with this
sweet
boy.
Henry's birthday
how it all started
henry 1
Henry eating corn
henry 2
big brother
henry 3
henry 4
after reminiscing over these past four years in pictures, I'm publishing this post with some teary eyes. I remember that 22nd day in July of 2005 so vividly. I can recall with great detail the hours leading up to Henry's birth on that early morning and the moments after it. We were so excited to become parents and so thankful for a healthy baby boy. What's harder to remember is life before that 22nd day of July in 2005. I know it sounds cliche, but it's sometime hard to picture our lives before Henry came into them.
When I think of Henry and these last four years,I think
joy,
fun,
daring,
sweet,
excited,
empathetic,
cranky at times,
early-mornings,
great naps,
strong will,
silly,
energy,
fearless,
chocolate milk,
tractors,
blonde streak,
jumping,
bike-riding,
green,
mint-chip ice-cream,
crocs,
happy,
talkative,
inquisitive,
forgiving,
love,
thankful.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oh My. I'm teary looking at these precious pictures of Henry. I know, I know, we all say this, but I cannot believe how quickly time passes. What a blessing to watch this sweet boy grow up.
I'm glad to be on this journey of motherhood with you.

Love you,
Erica

Sara said...

I remember that day, too! Gabe and I were in the waiting room down the hall anxious to meet our new nephew/cousin! I remember hoping that they'd be good friends, and I'm so glad they are!

It's amazing that in another year our sweet babies will be in kindergarten!!

Love you guys!