Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

sweet pea

November - 2011 093
Sometimes, on birthdays, you realize all at once that you're little babies are growing into big boys. And sometimes, on Tuesday afternoons, it happens right before your eyes. This afternoon after a morning trip to the library, William and I curled up next to each other on the couch and read some of his library stack. When we got to "S" in The Rainforest Alphabet, there was a picture of a spider. I read to him the type of spider and stated the spider facts, and then when he said, "spider", it came out just right. No more f-  instead of the sp - sound. He says spider now. It made me tear up a little bit, because even though I'm cheering for him and always grateful for growing children, I realize that today was one of those lasts. Or yesterday was I guess. The last time our little boy will say 'fider' and 'Fiderman'.
November - 2011 097
{This is what happened this morning when William discovered seeds in his apple. Or babies as he calls them.}

4 comments:

jalison said...

Aww, that is a milestone that he now says his "s's". :( You need to find a way to record your boy's voices so you can 'listen back'. Your baby is growing up. Doggone it. :(
I love the picture of him discovering the apple seeds! How cute is that?! Love, Mom

Ruth said...

Love the picture when William makes his discovery!! Precious!

Sara said...

These pictures are too sweet. Love that you documented this milestone - the sweet enunciations are one of the things I miss most as they get older. I like your mom's idea of recording their voices - that's something I've not been very good at!

Love you guys and see you soon!

Sara

Erica said...

These are the sweetest pictures, and what a tearjerker post! It's bittersweet watching these dear boys grow up right before our eyes. I love that you documented this special milestone.

We miss you and love you guys!