Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

crushing on chalkboards

The chalkboard and chalkboard paint and even vinyl chalkboard decals are not a new trend. It's one I still love after all of this time. Evidenced by the ones in my home, the ones I've pinned, and perhaps by my major in college -- isn't writing on the board what used to be the best part about playing school as a child? I still love it.
I'm so glad I didn't sell this little chalk-beauty to the lady who bought our Leland home. I like writing on it for birthdays and changing it with each season and for different holidays. It's the LUNS from Ikea and well worth every bit of $14.99!

This one is from Goodwill in Chicago for $4.99. It hangs in our pantry and I like to record notes, verses and groceries we need on it.

I also got this at Goodwill. It cost $2.99 and was a mirror when I bought it. I planned to hang it in our bedroom, we have mercury glass lamps and I liked the idea of mixing the metals. When handy hubs went to hang it the cheap mirror cracked. So I used some chalkboard contact paper (thanks, Sara!) to cover it. 
The contact paper is sold by the roll and you can cut it to size to fit your project. A cracked mirror or even a door! I found some on Amazon here.
I got this chalkboard/easel/menu stand at Tj Maxx on clearance a few years ago before William's 3rd birthday party. I wish I remembered how much it cost, but I know it was less than $20, maybe $15? Anyway, another fun one for parties. {From the sprinkle last weekend for my sweet friend Rachel in our small group.}
**I'm adding this one after Erica's comment!** I use these little chalkboards at parties to label food and for milestones like the first day of school and in pictures. They are from the Dollar Tree!


For parties, celebrations, lists, every day life I simply love a chalkboard!
Below are a few of my favorites that I've pinned in the past few months. I love the idea of giant chalkboard wall/command center in the kitchen and adore the sweet little chalkboard clipboards {how great would those be for traveling with littles?}, and the darling mason jar labels would be so fun for a birthday party. I also remain very tempted to paint our teeny tiny itty bitty half bathroom black with chalkboard paint.







 And the Audrey Hepburn quote would be precious framed in a living room or a master bedroom. The best part, it's a free printable. To download one for your home follow this link!

3 comments:

Erica said...

You do have the cutest chalkboards, and I love how you use them for parties and milestones (first day of school). So cute! I also loved the ones you've pinned...that bathroom is cute with the chalkboard paint. I say go for it!

Christina said...

Erica, thank you for reminding me about the little chalkboards for the milestones -- I wouldn't forgotten and you are sweet to remember! I do have black paint, a little sample, for the 1/2 bath. If we had a window in there, I wouldn't second myself, but I worry about how dark it will feel. Maybe one wall?

Sara said...

Don't you love the chalkboard contact paper? Greatest thing ever. I love all your chalboards (and your beautiful handwriting!). And you know how I feel about the black in the bathroom (no pressure, though). :-)