Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

these last sweet bits of break

 The boys are outside, bouncing on the neighbor's trampoline and as I type this I can hear their happy shouts and gleeful shrieks. Their bodies bouncing, free and soaking in the warm early spring sunshine.
It's Easter afternoon and I feel content and my heart is so full, so grateful. I know my Redeemer lives and I am free because he paid the debt for my sin. I know my children can stand free because he has paid their ransom. As I listen to their happy chatter, my heart prays that they will rest assured in his blessed grace and that Christ alone will be the cry of their hearts.

We are home from a lovely week away and savoring these last little bits of spring break, like one savors the last bit of ice cream tucked in the bottom of the cone. We had such a wonderful time in New York; Erica, Bret and Ben were the most gracious and generous hosts. We loved catching up with them, seeing the city and sights, reuniting with dear friends and having an adventure away from home together. Yesterday we got to celebrate Gabe's 8th birthday with our family. It's hard to believe my little nephew boy is already eight! He is as sweet as can be and I'm so thankful to be his aunt.

We are off to celebrate Easter with Patrick's family at a late-afternoon lunch on the farm.
Wishing you a very Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love your sweet sentiments and this picture of tippy toes looking over the city. So glad you guys were able to make the party. .. wouldn't have been the same without you! ♥