Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

super easy peasy peanut butter fudge



I found a link to this recipe this morning on Facebook and haphazardly jotted down the directions on a torn piece of an envelope. I'm glad I did because I went back to find it and can't now. I was hungry and this sounded yummy, plus I had all four ingredients! Best of all, I'm sure you do too.
For all of you chocolate lovers -- you could even melt some chocolate and drizzle it on top of the hardened fudge, or swirl it in before it hardens.
I beat the peanut butter mixture with a wooden spoon for a minute or two and then poured it into a buttered bread pan and put it into the fridge. I was skeptical; no candy thermometer, not dozens of steps (like those willy nilly caramels). But it worked -- within just a few minutes it had thickened up and had the right fudge consistency. 

Fudge always reminds me of being a little girl at the apple orchard in the fall. I remember the sweets room, the one that smells of hot sugared apple cider donuts. It was always full of sweets and delicious homemade candies. There was always a display case full of fudge, every variety imaginable. I liked sampling the different flavors, and being a sweets lover would have loved to take home a giant box every time. This year when fall rolls around {or anytime I get a fudge craving} I'll be able to make this in a pinch!

3 comments:

Erica said...

This looks delicious! We'll have to try it soon :-)

Sara said...

Yum! I LOVE peanut butter fudge but have failed trying to make it in the past. Will def give this a try!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.