Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Henry's First Haircut


Yesterday we took Henry for his very first haircut. Patrick has been begging me to have his hair cut for months, and in a moment of weakness, we scheduled an appointment. I was originally wanting to hold off until he turned 1, but with his first birthday looming just around the corner, I caved in. My biggest stipulation was that it had to be at a salon, and of course with a hairstylist who has cut baby's hair in the past.

The pictures posted are before, during and after the big cut. We didn't have much cut off, just a little bit off the back, the sides and of course the ever-growing front. It only took about 10 minutes total, and Henry did pretty good. He sat on Patrick's lap and only started to get upset when we had to restrain his hands and hold his head still. He wanted to keep looking at the stylist to see what she was doing. He definitely couldn't figure out what was going on. I think it looks cute, and all cleaned up. It's sad, too though because hair cuts are for big boys, and it seems like he's such a big boy now and not just a baby anymore!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my gosh! He looks adorable. He does look like a big boy, though! I think it's the bangs. Gabe is way overdue. I keep procrastinating. I know he will look like a big boy, too, but at least it will be a little neater and won't be hanging over his ears!