Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

1st Bee-Day Party


Henry's first birthday was on Saturday, July 22. It was such an emotional day and few days leading up to his birthday. It's just so hard to believe that my little, precious baby has turned one and is becoming a toddler and little boy. I think the reason his first birthday was so hard for me was because it makes me realize (even though I already knew this, it makes it really real) that Henry will one day turn 5, and 10, and become a teenager, and eventually be moving out on his own. Ok, enough of that fast forward! I really want to savor and enjoy every day and minute of his life. I realize how quickly it passes.

Anyway, Henry's birthday was a fun success. I mostly want to offer all of my thanks and gratitude to my generous family and friends for helping with the party and making it a success. Thank you to my Mom, to Dan and Sara and Gabe who came down early and worked so hard cooking, making ice-cream sandwiches, stuffing favor bags, and running endless errands. And a big Thank you to Holly for coming to Bloomington and helping out with everything from babysitting Henry so Patrick and I could celebrate our anniversary (4, yay!), doing a streamer decorating extravaganza, baking/frosting darling bee cookies, crafting darling favors, and being such a fabulous photographer for the big day. Thank you all so much for helping so much and for making Henry's day so great and memorable.

It was such a fun day, and we were blessed with bee-autiful weather. Seeing family and friends and gathering together to celebrate was the very best part of the day. I'm so thankful for our friends and family for offering their support and love throughout this first year of Henry's life. Thank you so much for being a part of his life and for all of your advice, wisdom, and support. We will continue to need and appreciate it for the years to come!

Our biggest thanks is to God for blessing us with the privilege of being Henry's parents. He is such a happy, bubbly, energetic, sweet, fun boy. Last year at this time we could have never imagined how much our lives would be changed and enhanced for the better. He brings so much joy to our lives and we are so thankful for the blessing of this precious little baby.

No comments: