Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Henry's 1st Steps!!




Tonight we were sitting out on the front porch (enjoying the newly improved porch!) and Henry was playing. He's been pulling up on things and then letting go and balancing, but tonight he pulled up to Patrick and then let go and took 2 steps!!! We were both there to see it and both so excited. Then we came inside to make dinner and Patrick pulled him up to standing and let him get his balance and then he let him go and Henry took more steps. Only this time they were more of running steps..definitely not slow or cautious...yikes! He just leans his entire self forward and goes. His record for steps is 7 at a time. Both my mom and Patrick's parents (who babysit Henry on Fridays) have said that they don't think Henry will walk...they think he will run....well...I'm starting to think we're in for some trouble because they might be right :-) I guess I always thought he would be a late walker since he was such a late crawler and is such a good, speed crawler. And I guess he still might be, but after watching him try so hard tonight, I think he's determined and ready to go!

Above are some pics of him letting go and walking tonight. Excuse the naked baby...he was outside and got soaking wet playing in the sprinkler that's watering our new landscaping! I also took a short video..I will post as soon as Google video gets it up!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! I love the second picture of Henry taking off with Patrick following him! SOO SWEET! I love Henry's blonde hair. He's such a cutie! RUN HENRY RUN! (j.k.) haha... what I meant to say was, "walk, Henry, walk... for your mama's sake".

Sara said...

Yay, Henry! I agree, I think he is just going to take off. I can't believe what a big boy he looks like in that first picture. These boys are growing up so fast! Give him kisses for us and tell him to be careful!