Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Beach Baby

We got home from Florida last Saturday. It was such a great vacation. We all had so much fun. The weather was almost perfect (only two days of rain), the beach was beautiful and all of the rest and relaxation was wonderful! Henry-to our surprise- was very cautious of the ocean and acted very suspicious of the waves washing onto the shore. He would stand on the edge of the shore and when a wave started to wash up he would run as fast as he could in the other direction. He wasn't crazy about the pool either. But he LOVED the sand! Most of our time was spent playing on the beach in the sand. Patrick and I made lots of sand castles and Henry knocked lots down! He also loved having his feet and legs buried and he loved chasing the sea gulls. It was such a great time and I loved to watch Henry having so much fun playing there. Our friends Emily and Brandon's baby, Charlie was such a good boy. He did great traveling and he absolutely loved swimming in the pool. He was so brave and would swim for hours in his little floatie or kick around wearing his water wings.

During one of the two rainy days, Patrick and I took Henry to the zoo. As you can see in the picture below, we were able to feed giraffes! It was a very different zoo...the animals were living in their natural habitats so we could observe them and see what it would be like to see them in the wild. Of all of the animals we saw(including zebras, gorillas, chimpanzees, hippos, rhinos)Henry's favorites were the ducks which he loved feeding.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! Love the photo of Henry by the ocean at sunset; it will be a great one to scrapbook (which I need to start doing - SOON!). I would have loved feeding the giraffes and being that close to one. Just once I would love petting a giraffe; you know they have always been my very favorite! Love to you all! Mom

Sara said...

I agree - that sunset picture is priceless! I'm glad you guys had a great time. It was good to see you on Saturday. Hope you are enjoying all your goods!

Love you guys,

Sara

Anonymous said...

What awesome photos. You and Patrick are so blessed to have that sweet little boy in your lives! I would love to get together for a playdate soon. Olivia and I will be in town on Monday the 6th if you are free. Let me know.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Oh. I miss Henry. Those pics are amazing. I'm glad that y'all had fun at the beach.

Claire