Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Off to the Sunshine State

Tomorrow evening we're packing up the van and heading south for some warm sunshine. Destination: Destin, Florida. We're driving there in our van with our friends Brandon, Emily and their son Charlie. It could be a long trip: 4 adults, 3 children, 1 van, 14 hours. But life is all about the journey, not the destination; right? I'm up late tonight finishing laundry, and getting snacks, goodies, and "surprises" (a.k.a. junk from the dollar store and Target's $1 spot) ready. Sara gave me some great advice for preparing for the road trip and she is the expert after their road trip to Maine over the summer. Honestly, she was so prepared for their trip, just her advice makes my efforts seem inadequate! Packing makes me feel so much anxiety that I always procrastinate. Even if it's just a weekend trip with the boys to Rockford. So here I am, blogging instead of packing, proof of that procrastination.

I better get back to it. I'll be sure to post about the long road trip there and our time at the beach once we get home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just ENJOY! And with Brandon in the car, you have entertainment built-in! Have a great time.
Love, Mom

Erica said...

Have fun!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sara said...

We'll be praying for a safe, fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Love you guys!

Sara