Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

William's 1st Birthday

William turned one on October 19th. We celebrated on that day with friends and family and a pumpkin/fall themed party.



the invitationThe food and decorations
The main course was chili made by my Mom and my brother, Dan. We turned it into a competition and had people vote for their favorite chili (they were anonymous and weren't announced until voting was over). Both were delish!! And in the end my Mom's chili won by one vote.We also had Farm Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie Bars with cream cheese frosting which were so tasty (courtesy of my Dad and Sandi), apple pie with a beautiful lattice top (made by my Mom), Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread (some with pecan and mini chocolate chips), Pumpkin Chocolate Chip squares, and Pumpkin dip. Mmmm, I love fall!Holly was in charge of decorating - this fan is my favorite part!A look at the favor : inside the bag was a miniature jar fall scented candle, and personalized cookie(s). I ordered these sugar cookies from a local bakery and Holly personalized them with each guest's name.
the cakeWilliam was getting super sleepy so we hurried to do his song/cake. Being tired didn't stop him from enjoying his whole cupcake! And after consuming all of that sugar he got a second wind and had lots of fun opening presents and hanging out with his friends! the gifts
Looks like it's true - the box is just as much fun as the toy that comes in it.
the guests
Who is this mystery guest?
hahaha, I love Gabe!
William and Great Grandma Hogan
Caleb
Trying out the ride on horse from Dad, Sandi, Cory and Mimi
William and Grandma Bug
Riding the new horseMy Dad, Gabe and Henry
My Dad gave lots of rides in this firetruck.
William, me, Erica and Ben
My Mom and meRachel, Holly and me
Me and Holly

I love fall and love that William has an October birthday. Now I get to do one summer bash and then a fall party, too! I have a feeling this theme will be a recurring one - although once William gets older we'll have to start doing some pumpkin carving contests and apple bobbing at his parties, too.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to my family and dear friend Holly for their help with William's party. Thank you Dad and Sandi for bringing those DELICIOUS desserts and thank you to Dad for coming early and helping out so much with the boys before the party so we could finish all of the last minute preparations. Thank you Sandi for helping with all of those frenzied last minute things! Thank you Dan for making that delicious chili. You will always be a winner in my book! Thank you Mom for making your now prize-winning chili and also that blue ribbon worthy apple pie. And thank you Holly for all of your help with the pre-party prep. You are the creative force behind everything we see. Thank you everyone for celebrating with us!

We love you all and are so thankful to have such amazing friends and family in our lives!

3 comments:

Erica said...

You hosted another WONDERFUL birthday party. You and Holly think of every detail, and it's always so much fun. I think the chili cook off should be an annual event, and I love the idea of pumpkin carving and bobbing for apples.
One of the party highlights was watching William eat his whole cupcake. So cute!

Anonymous said...

The party was wonderful as usual. I don't know how you girls do it. The parties are truly works of art and so much fun.
love ya,
Sandi

Sara said...

What a great party - we had so much fun! Everything was adorable and delicious right down to the candy-corn-shaped rice krispie treat favors. Thanks for everything - great job!

Love you,

sara