Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

his lashes

{This is another post from my drafts. Hitting publish before the New Year!}

When we're reading, this is my view
December - 2011 091
December - 2011 089
December - 2011 092
This boy, the one who still fits just right into the crook of my arm when we read. I get to hug him close and look down at these long lashes and the way they pull away from his face and curl up at the ends. I love the way they hug his big blue eyes and set out from his still round baby face.
As much time as I can spend daydreaming about the future or wishing things would come to be the way I imagine them, I don't want to lose sight of things just the way they are right now. That when I realize all I truly have, I realize I have enough. A friend reminded me of that today over our grande gingerbread lattes sitting at her kitchen table. We have children that are still little and still want to be with us. Children that climb up and fit snugly in our laps.
December - 2011 086
I just noticed the holes in the bottoms of his well worn socks, too. I'm reminded again that it's the little things that add up to be the grandest in this journey.

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is a sweet reminder - thank you!

And love those lashes!! (Why do the boys always get the gorgeous lashes?!) :-)