Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

hello October

It's a rainy, gloomy Halloween day and it occurred to me that tomorrow is the first day of November. I love the thought of a fire in our fireplace, the sound of crackling wood and cozy evenings together. I don't love the cold or the many hours of darkness ahead. But I do love fall and cozy and the holidays, so I'm going to look forward to those parts of November.

I love October and the start of fall. This month was FULL and was so good. We enjoyed the typical start of fall seasonal things like Friday night football and pumpkin spice lattes and also all of the celebrations that make October a special month for us. William turned six this month and we celebrated him starting with family night at Steak-n-Shake (his pick) and moonlight bowling and then a superhero/animal party with our extended family and ending with a kindergarten friend party. We visited the apple orchard with Dan and Sara and the cousins and my mom and soaked in a perfect, sunny fall day. I visited Holly with Rachel in Chicago and we bargain shopped at the Goodwill and celebrated my birthday together. Also, Patrick took me to see Jim Gaffigan (look him up on Netflix, you will be glad you did) and we laughed so hard and loved our night out on the town.
October was good to us. It was fall and slowing down and celebrating. I've got my pumpkin candle burning and I'm looking forward to the cozy month of November ahead.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pictures, you look BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you are all well and enjoying November. Also love the updates of the Vance's world!! :)

Sara said...

It was so fun going to the orchard with you guys - i just have to say i LOVE that pic of Gabe and Henry with their arms around each other. BFFs! We miss you guys! Love you!

Erica said...

I love seeing all of these pictures from October. Makes me miss you guys even more this morning!! Love the pictures of you and P sitting on the bench at ISU and William too!

Love you!!