Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

5 Random Things





1. Henry has been having a language explosion lately! Everyday for the past week or so he's been saying several new words a day. Mostly words that we didn't even realize he could say or coach him on. Let me try to think of a few of the new words he says: push (when he wants someone to push him on his tricycle), maybe, please (really clearly now), juice (has been a favorite for a few weeks), brother (when we ask him if he's going to have a baby brother or sister), baby, bye-bye, hi, up, down, on, off, tractor. There are lots now, I know I'm forgetting a bunch, but I'm going to try to keep an updated list so I'll post more later. Oh and, NO is a huge fave and it's making me crazy!! It's been so much fun everyday hearing him say and repeat more and more. His vocab has seriously quadrupled in a week!

2. We bought Henry a potty seat yesterday. It's just the kind that you set on top of the toilet. For anyone who's ever been to our house you know how very tiny the one bathroom is and I'm not exaggerating when I say there is just no room for a potty chair! He was so excited about it when we picked it up at Target and so excited to take it out at home, he also loves showing anyone how to put it on the potty; however, the moment he is set on to the potty seat it's a different story. He cries NO NO NO and wants down ASAP! I'm not all about potty training yet, it's just that he's been very curious about the whole thing so I thought we might as well let him start sitting there if he wants to just to get used to it. It looks like he might just need some time to get friendly with the seat itself.

3. I've been having some major food aversions and cravings lately. All I wanted to eat for dinner Wednesday was cole-slaw. Then the other day I had to make a special trip because the only thing that sounded good was chips and queso cheese dip from Q'doba. Other foods...lots of sweets and even ice-cream (I can't believe I'm saying that) have been sounding not good and even repulsive. Oh and I couldn't live without a slushie from DQ a few nights ago and made a special trip there after Henry was in bed. It's weird because usually I'm such a sweets person I wouldn't dream of wasting a trip to DQ on a fruity slush (sugary nonetheless), but I've been wanting more salty and fruity foods. Oh and I typically have been eating two lunches everyday. I get hungry and eat around 11 and then I eat something again during Henry's nap around 2. My doctors appointment Tuesday should be interesting...can't wait to see what the scale says about all of this...

4.
The Pursuit of Happyness
We just watched this movie last night. It was really heartwrenching, but also inspiring. It just breaks your heart to realize what this man and his son and so many other people go through everyday just to have a piece of the normalcy in their lives that we take for granted in our one lives. I recommend it though..it's a good, touching movie. (Disclaimer...I fell asleep during the last 30 minutes and have to finish watching it tonight!)

5. I'm excited for Easter. I think Henry is going to love it this year and get really excited about his Easter basket and finding eggs, etc. I've been trying to explain the real meaning of Easter to him, but I think it still escapes him...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't want ice cream! Crazy cravings!
I am excited to hear Henry talk the next time I see him. That first picture is adorable!
-Erica

Amber Stubbs said...

the cravings are the funniest things...all i wanted for the first few months was tuna italians from neds (it makes me think of your mom)...they tasted so good...i am so excited that henry is coming up with a ton of new words...it's a crazy feeling to hear your child communicating...aliyah is now to the point where I can have a conversation..it blows my mind :) oh by the way, i got your mom's letter and gift yesterday...i almost died when i opened it and it said "I love bingo" the funniest part is that I still like to go once in a while...i go with a few friends and it's us and about 150 70 year old men and women, and of course I make friends with all of them.. it's a hoot!! Love, Amber

Sara said...

I just had to tell you that we watched the Pursuit of Happyness and loved it. You have to admire his committment to his son and I was so glad when they hired him after his internship. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know we liked it.

Love you and miss you guys!

Sara