Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally I'm productive

I've just been feeling like there's so much that I need to get done lately, and just never time enough to do it. Today after going grocery shopping with both boys and leaving feeling completely exhausted I was in tears just looking at the piles of laundry. So when both boys went down for naps around the same time I decided to try to get some stuff done. I was able to get two loads of laundry going and then I started working on the office.

I just finished giving the office a good thorough clean and doing some much needed organization. Both boys napped today at the same time - good naps too, Henry slept for 2 1/2 hours and William went down around 12:30 and as of now (3:55) he's still sleeping! So I was able to get some much needed stuff accomplished, as I mentioned. When Henry woke up from his nap I was just finishing vacuuming the office, so I asked him to come in with me while I finished. I told him I was cleaning the office, so when he walked in I asked him if the office looked so much better to which he replied, "nope"! Nope!! I think he really meant, YES, tons! Ha ha! Just goes to show that what means so much to me doesn't really matter much to a 2 1/2 year old. It does feel good to get some things done that I've been wanting to do. It makes me feel so much better, like a natural lift. Speaking of, anyone heard of the benefits of taking a vitamin D supplement? You know how sometimes you feel the blues in the winter? Dr. Oz said it's because of a vitamin D deficiency. We're inside more, less sun, etc. Anyway, you're supposed to get a natural lift by taking vitamin D. Just wondering if anyone knows about this. I think I need to take that and also I do need to start taking a calcium supplement. I definitely don't drink much milk and am trying to avoid too much dairy now because I feel like William spits up more when I drink it. Just a side note. I need to write about "schlumpadinkas" tomorrow...

Also, Henry just asked me for some juice and said, "I'm so hungry" and then I could tell he was searching for the right words for a moment and then looked at me again and said, "I'm so juicy!". HA HA....I love it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

OK, we're waiting for the post on "schlumpadinkas?" :-)

I have been feeling this way about cleaning lately. I feel like I am always just barely scratching the surface and keeping up with the basics; it's hard to get real deep cleaning done! I feel like I need a day alone in the house to get things done, but then I feel like I don't want to give up a day with the boys, so I think I just need to break it down into manageable pieces because I always want to get everything done at once!