Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home

Vacation is great.
Truly, wonderfully, blissfully great.

But home is much better.Much much better.
We're home safely and so thankful for your prayers during the past week. I missed these two precious little boys so much every day while we were gone. Knowing they were in good, loving hands put our hearts at ease and we really did enjoy every minute of relaxation, indulgence and warm Mexico sun bliss. The funny thing about being away is that I spent much of the time wishing that Henry and William were with us or us with them; they really would have loved it there. Now that we're home I find myself thinking, wow that week went by really fast and I wish I could have hung on to it a little bit longer. So goes the "grass is greener" dichotomy of life.

Nuevo Vallarta was wonderful, I promise to post more about that soon and share some of our lazy days in paradise pictures. For now, I'm savoring being home and, feeling recharged, spending the days with my two precious little boys. I love being a mom. Along with Henry and William, I also missed that while we were away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Answered prayers to have you home safely; I know the boys missed you and Patrick like crazy. There's just no one like mommy and daddy. Welcome Home!! I love you; can't wait to see you this weekend. :)Love, Mom

P.S. You truly were in Paradise! Can you even imagine how amazingly beautiful Heaven is going to be? Talk about 'going home'!

Holstix said...

OMG! I am so jealous of you. Ryan and I were just talking about going away on vacation; just the two of us, but I don't know how I can handle being away from the kids so I can really relate to how you must have felt. I hope you had a wonderful time as the picture looked like it was amazing! I can't wait to see more photos. Glad you guys are doing well!

Love, Holly

Sara said...

Oooohhh...that looks so nice! It's hard to tell where the pool ends and the ocean begins. Looks like a place where you can really relax! Can't wait to see and hear more.

Love you guys!

Sara

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like heaven as your mom mentioned....I can anticipate what you are feeling. I will be saying goodbye to Aliyah as she heads to Florida to visit my sister with my mom and malcolm. Shawn and I unfortunately can't afford to go :( she is excited, but wants "her mommy there"....i am happy for her but sad that we won't be together. a house is not a home without the whole family! miss you and happy that you had a great time together! say hi to patrick and the boys! Amber :)

Anonymous said...

These pictures of the boys are so sweet. Home is where the heart is, but your resort looks fabulous! I'm glad you're back safe and sound and can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!

Love you,
Erica

Anonymous said...

These pictures of the boys are so sweet. Home is where the heart is, but your resort looks fabulous! I'm glad you're back safe and sound and can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories!

Love you,
Erica