Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love Tea

Henry and Me
Love Tea - 2009

I continue to be so impressed and happy with Henry's preschool. I love that his teachers include parents in so many special ways. Last Tuesday, in honor of Valentine's Day, I was invited to Henry's classroom for a "Love Tea". My official invitation, decorated by Henry, arrived via backpack mail while Patrick and I were in Mexico. The Tuesday Tea snuck up on me and I hadn't made any arrangements for someone to watch William, so I brought him with me. Ideally I would have been able to focus all of my attention on Henry, but it was still special to share the morning with him at school and William loved it, too!

His teachers set up different activity centers around the classroom and we visited each one at our own pace. There were games, crafts, a book corner, and even a temporary tattoo station complete with wet sponges for application! They really thought of everything. Actually, they would make amazing birthday party planners. I digress. After we visited each center we went downstairs to the all-purpose room for cookies and pink lemonade. It was fun to be at school with Henry and have him lead us around his classroom and school. Definitely a sweet way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
Henry at the rice table.
His teachers hid little heart people and the children had to find the one with their name on it. Henry's heart man!William also loved this rice table. He was a bit of a rice flinger.Henry and William
Downstairs, enjoying cookies and lemonade.Henry made the purple placemat as a Valentine's gift for me. It's darling and has a picture of him in the middle of the big purple flower. The three amigos at the Love Tea
2-10-09

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so fun! How sweet...I love William's expression in the last picutre.

Anonymous said...

Love it. What a great idea. Cory's preschool was nice but Henry's is fantastic. I'm so glad that you found such a great one and that he loves going there so much. The pictures are great.
love ya,
Sandi

Erica said...

It's wonderful how Henry's school does such special activities to involve the parents. I love the picture of the "Three amigos" at the Love Tea. So sweet.

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful effort these teachers make to include the parents! Love the photo of Henry looking at his 'heart man'; he is so absolutlely handsome! I remember the days when I used to volunteer in your classroom or Dan's. I miss those days. Enjoy these experiences while you can. Time sure does have a way of flying by. Love, Mom