Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I {heart} You

For Valentine's Day this year I thought I'd keep it simple. I had a few different ideas and settled on a Valentine's picture of the boys tied to some goodies in a cellophane bag tied with red ribbon. Cute and simple, I decided.

In theory.

The "Valentine's picture": Henry and William dressed in matching white t-shirts, each holding a sign (either "Happy Valentine's Day" or a decorative heart). I really thought it would work. I could see the picture hanging from ribbon off the cute little goody bag. I imagined the boys giving them to our friends and family. Below is what transpired.














Not a keeper in the bunch. And there were a bunch--I took almost 100 pictures! Now in hindsight I realize that getting both boys to pose with objects in their hands at the same time is probably asking a bit much. They were both such good sports and really tried their best. While we didn't get a print worthy picture, we actually cracked up and had a lot of fun which made this whole crazy idea worth it.

I'm sorry to say that this blog post is our Valentine to you this year. Happy Valentine's Day! We love you family and friends!

p.s. We owe you a cute little ribbon tied goody bag with some yummy treat inside.

6 comments:

Jill and Billy said...

This cracked me up and honestly made my day!!!!!! So funny!!!

Sara said...

This cracks me up! It's actually the perfect Valentine, so no IOUs for us. :-)

Glad we got to see you guys for a little bit on Saturday.

Love you!

Unknown said...

I can so relate to this post! Anytime I try to get a pic of the girls together one is either not looking or crying. Too funny. Thank goodness for digital! It is definitly a great post and truly shows them at this age. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it. It is the perfect Valentine's gift and you don't owe us anything.
love ya,
Sandi

Erica said...

This is the cutest!! Those boys are precious, and I think this scroll of pictures really is the BEST Valentine.
Valentine's day completely passed us by...I was hoping to send out cards, but oh well. :-)

Love you,
Erica

Anonymous said...

These photos are so precious; Portrait Innovations has NOTHING on you, Christina Marie. Great job! The boys are so adorable.

Love, Mom

P.S. I'll take my goody bag when it's ready. LOL