Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Celebration!

I'm hoping the old adage 'better late than never' applies to blog posts, too...

In January we celebrated my mom's birthday. My Mom came here for her birthday weekend and Dan, Sara, Gabe and Caleb came to spend the day with us on her birthday. There's never a shortage of fun and excitement when our four boys (three and under) are together. It was a fun day together; the boys played, we dined out and celebrated with a princess themed birthday party (selected by none other than princess obsessed Henry). Henry chose princess plates for the cake and picked out a tiara for Oma to wear during the festivities. She was his princess for the day.
Gabe and Oma
Notice Oma is wearing her birthday crown at dinner.

Dan and GabeOf course we mentioned that it was my mom's birthday:
This scene is more subdued than our waitress intended-she wanted Oma to stand on the dining chair. My mom decided to just plain stand up while the waitress announced her birthday to the entire restaurant.
Love Caleb's face in this one!
Gabe enjoying the birthday festivities.

Oma getting ready to blow out her candles and make a wish.
Sara made this beautiful cake. I wish everyone could have a taste---so moist and chocolaty and delicious!The birthday girl.Gabe and Henry helping Oma open her presents.Henry and William busting through the streamers (carwash).A little after-party fun.
Gabe and Henry busted out their electric guitars and delighted us with not only rockin' music but some rockin' dance moves, too.Gabe and Henry and darling Caleb in the background.
(I think William was tuckered out and in bed for the night.)Gabe and Henry and a mystery man!The guitar playing continued on....and on...
until sadly it was time to say goodbye.
Gabe and Henry hug. Love these two besties!
Happy Birthday Oma!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Better late than never" is definitely okay! Thank you for the post; the birthday gal is starting to look older than 39; yikes! What are we going to do about that?! Aren't the boys so hysterical? They are ROCK STARS!!! That was such a fun birthday; everyone should have that much fun when turning 44,45,46, err, never mind. :-) Thanks for sharing the lost-but-now-found photos! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. The cake Sara made was AMAZING!! I'd like that every year, if I get to choose! Thanks, Sara! (I know you'll be reading Christy's blog!)Love, Joyce

Sara said...

You're welcome! :-) It was a fun day; thanks for posting these pics...I love the ones of the big boys rockin' out and then hugging. Super sweet.

Love you guys!

Sara

Amber Stubbs said...

Happy Birthday Joyce! I wish I could have been there to help celebrate...I get sad that we all live so far apart...I would have liked Aliyah to be able to play with the boys! We need to get together someday...I know that sometime within the next year, Shawn and I want to drive out to Ohio....maybe we'll swing out to Illinois!!

Amber :)