Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Me: the interviewer

I'm no Barbara Walters, but I think this interview went well. It was with someone very intimidating. Someone whose responses I could not predict. Someone who demanded a special chair to sit on during the interview and a special drink to sip. Someone who thinks I am 6 years old.

My interviewee was Henry! I got the idea to do this from Sally who did an interview with her 3 1/2 year old son. I read through her interview with her little boy and loved the candidness of his responses. I love the way that children think. I wanted to know what Henry would say; how would he respond?

Here's the interview with my sweet 3 1/2 year old boy:

March 3, 2009
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?
We can hug William.
3. What makes mom sad?
When I go poke (he makes poking motions) to William.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
One time there was a bird named Pokey and he brought lava to a volcano and it burned his hands. And because the weather was cold he put it in a volcano.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
sidewalk paints
6. How old is your mom?
Six. Are you six?
7. How tall is your mom?
This tall. (puts my watch on my head)
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Hug me!
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Do your exercise.
10. If your mom is on TV for something, what will it be for?
Exercise. NO, I think commercials. Baby commercials.
11. What is your mom really good at?
You can go really close to the fire and not get burned.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Going to the birthday.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Wash the dishes.
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
macaroni-and-cheese
15. What makes your proud of your mom?
I can go outside and do sidewalk paints.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Mater
17. What do you and your mom do together?
We sit on the couch and watch TV, um, we eat bacon and we eat chocolate pancakes.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We can both turn off the TV.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Because we don't look the same.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
You hug me!
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
The store. Walmart and buy me a new toy.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute idea...I will most likely be copying it from you..but immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Anyways love the answers, I love that kids these age say it how it is, they don't really have a "filter".

Anonymous said...

What a sweet idea!! I would love to do this with both Henry and Gabriel and see what their answers are as they relate to me. I love the way Henry thinks. Wouldn't you know, Christina, he'd bring up the chocolate chip pancakes somehow in the mix?! Passed down from generation-to-generation - - LOL
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the way you are both the same! This is so sweet! Thanks for sharing! I love this idea!
Love, Ruth

Sally said...

LOVED it! His answers were really sophisticated and well-said. Even Nathan, my early talker, got bored around #13 or something but Henry finished strong! I can't wait to do this with Blake when he's 3 and see what comes out. Thanks for sharing your interview!

Sara said...

So cute! Sally tagged me, too, and when I tried it with Gabe, his answers were "I don't know," "I don't know," "I don't know," and then "I'm tired of questions."

We'll have to try it again. :-)

Erica said...

This is such a cute idea. I love reading Henry's answers. So thoughtful.

Wish we were all together today!!

Love you,
Erica

Jeanie Bree said...

How sweet. Love, love, love Henry's responses. Your facial expressions are to die for. Hilarious!!!!

Katie said...

Okay Mama Mater - I love that answer. I'm going to do this with James when he is a bit older (or maybe it would be fun to see what a 2.5 yr old would say?). How fun.