Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

30-Week Ultrasound

I just love the picture on the right-his eyes are open and I think it looks like he's wearing a superhero mask.
His darling profile, with his hand stretched next to his head.

These are his feet and legs (very obvious on the pic to the right). They're stretched straight up at my belly.
This is the baby looking at the camera.


Yesterday I had my 30-week doctor's appointment and ultrasound. It's unbelievable to me how fast this pregnancy is going. I've started going to my appointments every two weeks now, so that will make the time go faster too. Henry and Patrick came to the appointment yesterday and Henry did really well. We weren't sure if he'd want to sit through the ultrasound, but the technician gave him a lollipop and he was really content! It was really hilarious to have him in there and hear his take on things. During the ultrasound he looked at the screen and was really excited to see his brother moving, he kept shouting, "move!", then he shouted out "HAT!" and pointed right at the screen. He was convinced that his brother was wearing a hat. We had to stop for a minute because my laughing was shaking things up on the screen. He is still convinced that brother has a hat on in there. Last night when we were praying before he went to sleep I asked him if we should thank God that brother looks healthy and is doing well and he said, "okay....HAT!". So he's thankful for his hat. We also had to stop the ultrasound again so that I could sit up about halfway through because I started feeling really dizzy and queasy and sweating. I guess it's because of all of the weight on the Aorta when you lay flat on your back. I felt bad saying something, but the technician looked at me and noticed that I was sweating and she asked if I'd like to sit up. Thankfully she was able to do most of the rest of the ultrasound with me laying on my side.

She said that the baby is measuring right on track. He was weighing in at just over 3 lbs, and is in the 75% for babies at 30-weeks. Her prediction was that he would be no more than 8lbs 4oz. That would be really big for me after having little Henry at 6lbs 13 oz, but things can slow down, so we'll wait and see! I'm also tipping the scales currently at the weight I was when I delivered Henry! I'm hoping that I won't be gaining too much more, but I also feel like pregnancy is one of the only times to not have to worry about it, so I'm trying not to focus on the number on the scale. We are very grateful that this baby looks healthy and that things are measuring normal and well. That is definitely what is most important and we feel so fortunate and blessed that God has given us these 2 boys.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Those are great pics! I love his little face! So glad everything looks good and can't wait to meet this little one!

Love you guys,

Sara

Claire said...

Christina, I am so glad that everything looks good for the new baby. What a blessing. I wish that I could have heard Henry's comments during the ultrasound.

Claire