Pages

Friday, August 03, 2007

Tractor Pull





(Note everyone covering their ears around us-how miserable!)




So I wish I understood this better, it would make for an easier post, but after attending I still really don't. Ok we took Henry to the McLean County Fair on Wednesday night and met our friends Brandon and Charlie at the tractor pull event. Never having been to something like this before I assumed it would be a bunch of tractors pulling things (what, I don't know!). However, I quickly learned that the tractors pull nothing. It's cars, ATV's and pick-up trucks that pull this trailor with a sliding weight on it as far as they can. Then someone comes and measures the distance of the pull and then finally come the tractors to smooth out the dirt roadway for the next puller. Really I couldn't concentrate on the details because the cars/trucks that were doing the pulling were so loud that it made my ears ring and then itch. We didn't stay long at the event mostly because of the noise...I didn't think it was the place for small developing toddler ears. We did get to visit the rest of the fair and Henry got to see the livestock-there were cows, sheep, goats and gigantic pigs. He was really fascinated with the animals, but a little leary of the huge pigs and their giant noses that protruded from their pens. It was definitely an experience to remember!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Henry "driving" the tractor. So cute!

Erica