Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Brothers





This was on Halloween- Henry's friend Charlie was a pirate.


Henry absolutely loves his brother. So far he has been such an adoring big brother to William. The funniest thing that I just noticed the other day is that whenever Henry talks to William, he talks in a different, sweet voice. It's like he's baby talking to him. And it's every time he says something to him. If William is upset, Henry will say, "it's ok William" in that little, sweet voice. I'll try to get it on tape. It's really the sweetest thing. He still constantly showers William with kisses. He's also totally fascinated with William when he's awake or makes any noises or movements. I'm not sure if he totally comprehends that William is a real person. I feel really blessed that Henry seems to really love this new addition to our family. I was really nervous that he might resent him. But so far, he's been nothing but sweet to him. He's even been really patient when I'm feeding William and has been playing really well on his own during those times. I'm just feeling really thankful for that and really relieved at how things are going so far. It's a blessing having two boys. I definitely don't want to rush things, but I do think it will be so much fun for them both to have each other as they grow older.

1 comment:

Sara said...

So sweet! Gabe is definitely not super affectionate toward Caleb, but he's not mean either and he has his moments where he's real sweet. On the other hand, Caleb is just mesmerized by Gabe. He'll just stare and smile, which is pretty cute.