Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy 3-Week Birthday Wiliam









William is 3 weeks old today. He is just as sweet as ever. He still sleeps most of the day and wakes up about every 3 hours to eat. He's been having an awake period in the morning and then he's awake for a few hours in the evening. So far, he sleeps really well at night. Most nights he goes 4 hours in between feedings. Last night I fed him around 10:00 and then put him in his bassinet and he slept until 4:30 this morning. I was in a panic when I realized what time it was but after I realized he was fine, I felt really refreshed to have gotten that much sleep at one stretch. It may have been a total fluke, but I'll take the occasional fluke at this point. The extra sleep was definitely a blessing. When he's awake in the evenings...usually around 6 thru 9 or 10-ish he's eating more frequently. So I think he must be storing up enough to sleep for longer stretches during the night.
On Tuesday he had his 2-week check up, and he's definitely growing. He weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz and was 20 3/4 inches. Just 2-weeks before that at his 5 day check up he weighed 7 lbs, 5 oz and was 19 1/2 inches. I'm pretty convinced that we're not getting an accurate length measurement. He was 18 inches when he was born and then just 5 days later was 19 1/2 and then 2 weeks later he was 20 3/4. So unless he's going to be the tallest Vance/human in the world, I think someones measurements are off! But he's definitely gaining. I can't believe he's already 8 1/2 lbs! It's always a relief to find that your baby is gaining though. It's so hard to know if they're for sure getting enough to eat when you're nursing, so it's a nice assurance. He still seems like such a peanut to me, but I can tell he's getting bigger because he's starting to fill out his clothes more.
He definitely has a super expressive face. He really makes some faces. As you can tell from the pic above, he's not really been thrilled with the bouncy seat so far. He would rather lay on a blanket than sit in that thing. Maybe he's still too little? I love that picture though because he gets this red dot in between his eyebrows when he gets upset and you can see it poking out in that pic. He really is a good natured baby and has been really easy to soothe and figure out so far. We love him so much. It is amazing how God does expand your heart to welcome another child. He's just the sweetest thing.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yay for all the updates and pics! I am sorry if I was pressuring you. :-) But I had to see more of my new nephew! He is such a doll. Can't wait to see him in person!