Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And then we visited Oma...

My mom has Fridays off work in the summer, so we were able to spend the day with her last Friday.

Even though she wasn't working, we met at her workplace after William's morning nap. She is a proud grandma and wanted her co-workers to meet William and to see how grown-up Henry has gotten. William had fun exploring Oma's office and loved all of the attention from the ladies there; Henry was pretty shy and reserved, although he rekindled his friendship with Miss. Judy (one of my mom's co-workers) and had fun playing hide-and-seek with her. They even hid once in the office of the "big boss".
Oma at her desk with William.
Henry wouldn't pose for the picture, but I got one of him anyway!
Next we went to Red Robin for lunch. They have delicious fries there - we got garlic/Parmesan fries with our meal and the best part is that they're unlimited. After lunch it was close to nap time and the boys both fell asleep in the van. We decided to drive out to the house where my mom has been living with her close friends. It's out in peaceful, farmland, so it was a bit of a drive and both boys had good naps. The highlight of our afternoon was riding in their golf cart. Everyone but William took turns driving it. I think I might offer to take Patrick golfing now - I love driving the cart! Henry loved it too, and got pretty adventurous. By the end, he was begging us to let him stand up in the back while we drove.
Henry and Oma in the golf cartOma and William
William got so cozy in the golf cart, he fell asleep in Oma's arms. This picture was taken just before his little snooze.
And the fun didn't end there! We were fortunate to visit Sara, Gabe, Caleb and Norma (Sara's mom). Sara and the boys were in town for a playdate with some of their friends. We had pizza at Norma's house and the boys had so much fun playing outside together. Gabe and Henry rode their bikes up and down the driveway in between bites of pizza. And William and Caleb played on a big blanket together. I just love those two boys - I'm crazy about my nephews. They are both so precious. It was fun to be able to play with them before heading back home.
Silly GabeCutie Caleb

Gabe and Henry

Riding back up the driveway.

We had a great day together. The boys fell fast asleep in the van and slept for the drive home. They both transferred to their beds at home and slept great that night! It was nice to be home and in our own beds again, but we had such a great time and loved having the chance to spend time with the people that we love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite days in a long while; next to my trip to Maine! It seems like every time I'm with my family, I feel more and more blessed. Thank you for taking time. Christina, I cannot believe (still) how much you loved the golf cart. Too funny! Maybe 'santa' will bring you one for Christmas this year. (I hope Patrick is reading this, because I'm not 'santa' for you and Dan anymore, just the boys now!) LOL :)
Anyway, I had a great time! And I'm glad we decided to go to Norma's and ate outdoors; that was a great time. She's just like one of Henry and William's grandmas, too. Love is to be shared and we are all so blessed. Keep the photos coming! Love, Mom/Oma (P.S. Those silly glasses sure came in handy; the only one we didn't capture wearing them was William!)

Sara said...

I'm so glad we got to see you guys! Thanks for stopping by. Those glasses just scream "photo op," don't they?

Love you,

Sara