Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Visiting

Last week the boys and I went to Rockford to visit my Dad, Sandi and Cory on the spur of the moment and we spent one night with them and then we went to my Mom's and spent one night with her. We had a lot of fun seeing everyone, and it's always nice to get out of the weekly routine and do something fun and different. The boys love their grandparents and I love the time we get to spend with them. It's fun to see my parents as grandparents and so sweet to see how much they love their grandsons and also how much my boys love their grandparents. Henry was sad to leave!
This is a hodgepodge of pictures from our visits:
My mom's new home is next to the Rock River and there's a dock you can walk out on and feel like you're sitting on the river. It was a gorgeous day and there were lots of boats going past. William and Henry loved waving to the people on the boats as they went by. William got so into it he was wildly waving two hands!
My mom bought a fishing pole for the big boys to use when they come visit and Henry got to be the first to try it out. He had so much fun, but didn't catch any fish. He tells me that he caught "purple worms" (the lure was a purple worm!). Henry took this picture of me, my Mom and William on the dock.

We went to the apple orchard again since the weather was beautiful and perfect for it! We didn't pick any apples this time, but we enjoyed more cider and donuts. The boys had fun playing on the playground and petting the animals in the petting farm.

Me and William
We took a horse drawn wagon ride around the orchard.

Henry and my Mom


We had lots of fun visiting my Dad and Sandi. They invited my Grandma and Grandpa and Mimi over for dinner (the BEST stuffed pizza hands-down) so we were able to spend time with them, too which was a nice added bonus.
My Dad and William blowing bubbles
Uncle Rick stopped by with his dog - William was THRILLED!
Henry and Sandi
Sandi taught Henry how to play some educational computer games; he loved that!

Henry's favorite thing to do with Papa Bug is dig in the dirt with these trucks.
Aren't these pumpkins amazing?
Sandi grew them in her garden. The boys each got to take one home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun time! I had the best time fishing with Henry; I thought at one point he was going to bust in half with excitement! Those pumpkins are amazing; your dad and Sandi really are great at gardening! Thanks for sharing your photos from your weekend in Rockford. Love, Mom

Amy said...

It really looks like you had a great visit. Your mom looks so happy with her grandsons!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit. We loved it. I'm so glad that you also got to spend some time with the "greats".
love ya,
Sandi