Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A much needed upholstery makeover

Anyone who has been to our house in the past - lets say - 2 1/2 years may remember the blue cushions on our dining room chairs. The dreaded blue upholstery. Light, solid colored chair cushions and toddling, painting, Oreo eating, messy fingered boys don't mix. They were just a mess! I've oxy-cleaned them too many times to count and finally I gave up. They needed a makeover.

Sandi was gracious enough to help me with this job. Well, I should confess that the only part I had in this job was to cut out the huge hunks of foam that add cushion to the chair. So let me rephrase, Sandi was gracious enough to do this job and she gave these chairs the beautiful, much needed makeover they deserve. This table belonged to my grandparents and they gifted it to Patrick and I when we bought our first house. I love that it's a part of my family and want to keep it, but I'll admit that I've been so frustrated with these nasty cushions that I've been tempted to put it on the curb. Thankfully, some pretty fabric at Hobby Lobby inspired me to give it another try, and now I'm happy that I did.
The table with the dreaded blue cushions.
The improved cushions

9 comments:

Amy said...

I really like the color on your walls! Very pretty blue. Also like the fabric you chose..a little modern flair added to the room, nice! ~Amy

Erica said...

I love the new look of your chairs! It's very Nate Berkus-looking (from the Oprah show--mixing old with new!)
Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Roar! Very chic; love it. Sandi did a great job, once again. Is there anything she CAN'T do?! They look fabulous! Love, Mom

P.S. I warned you about the light blue when we put it on there a couple years ago!!

Amy Kate said...

What a fun and funky way to tie the generations! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern and you were right about the thicker foam making them look better. A good choice. And thanks for letting me help.
Love ya,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oooo, very nice. I love the thicker padding. Maybe I'll do ours (not that I love our table, it was a freebie like much of our other furniture! That's also got ripping upholstery!) Nice job Sandi! Want to come over? :)
-Sally

Holstix said...

I love the color of your walls and the room just looks stunning! The new seat fabric is so different; I love it! You always had great taste!

Love,

Holly

Jill and Billy said...

I'm glad we can be blogging buddies now! I have no idea what i'm doing though!

Katie said...

Very fun - and bold - what a great choice! I wish I had a Sandi too - can I get one of her at Target? Maybe Kohl's? LOL