Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

home

Aloha!
we're home!
img_003
img_001
img_002
August - 2009 853
August - 2009 944
Vacation was wonderful.
Hawaii wasn't at all what I expected
and completely what I imagined all in one.
I took a badrillion pictures.
1,072 to be exact!
I know I'll procrastinate going through all of them, so I wanted to post a sneak peak.
The boys loved the beach.
Henry got as brown as a bear,
Patrick dug deep deep holes in the sand,
and William hung out in them, safe from the waves.
Henry loved the waves, the surfers and his boogie board.
It was an adventure. We had a rental car and I felt really adventurous.
We drove around the whole island, door to door it takes about two hours.
We saw the mountains where they filmed scenes from Pearl Harbor,
the opening of Jurassic Park and opening scenes from Lost.
We ate pineapple.
Tons of juicy, melt-in-your-mouth pineapple.
Macadamia nuts.
Coconut syrup.
Oh and even McDonald's.
The colors there were stunning.
The sky, the water, the clouds, the sunsets. Gorgeous.
I loved being together, the four of us, together for a whole week.
There were times I didn't know if we'd survive that one
little
hotel room,
or William's new shrill (ridiculously loud, make strangers turn their heads) shrieks of protest,
BUT
we did!
And the plane ride, too. The boys did so great on the plane. I was prepared for and expecting the very worst and
they did awesome! We were super proud of them.
More pictures and elaborate details to come.
Mahalo!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you guys had an incredible time! I can't wait to see all 1,072 pictures :-) I shared with hubby that you had snapped that many and he just laughed. I bet the views were spectacular and I can almost taste the pineapple you mentioned. So glad you had fun! ~Amy

Sara said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Erica said...

Gorgeous! I love these pictures you took, especially of the boys! It sounds like a great week, and I can't wait to hear all about it and to see EVERY picture.

Welcome home!
Love you!
Erica

Jill and Billy said...

Welcome home! Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you all had a good time together - family vacations are great :)

Jeanie Bree said...

what an amazing experience and even more amazing photos!! Your boys are naturally photogenic and your new camera really highlights that!! Can't wait to see more!