Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bed and breakfast

It's 4:04 pm,
hurry, hurry, hurry.
Not only am I trying to do this in only ten minutes,
the boys are awake.
It was a very weird (nearly non) napping day.
Normally this is when my blog would get scrapped, but I want to try.
It's only ten minutes, right?
So here we go...
Last weekend I went to Chicago to celebrate my birthday AND
October - 2009 990
Rachel's engagement!!
YAY!
Congratulations Rachel and Joe! So very exciting. It was fun to look through bridal magazines and talk about cake and dresses.
On Friday night, we went to Holly's parent's house. Her (uber talented) mom, Delcine, was hosting an open house for her handmade jewelry, Delcine's Designs. Holly's sister Sally was there and both Rachel's mom and my mom came. It was fun having all of the moms and daughters together.
moms and daughters
We stayed up much too late that night; back at Holly's condo we celebrated Rachels' engagement with wedding magazines and a congratulatory mini-cake testing. I brought cake squares from a well loved Bloomington bakery, six different flavors. We tasted every single one of them, over tea around 2 am and ranked them from our most favorite to our least. White cake with vanilla frosting won. We were all shocked! (white won over chocolate, butter pecan, red velvet among some others.) You've just got to taste it for yourself to believe!
On Saturday morning, Holly made us the most delicious breakfast. We ate, drank coffee and stayed in our pj's until after noon. Like literally after 12:00 pm. It was wonderful!
October - 2009 1057
October - 2009 1056
October - 2009 1060
October - 2009 1053
And then we took a few pictures before heading out for a little bit of shopping and lunch at Jason's Deli. Which was by the way excellent and delicious. We all had the salad bar comprised of super fresh, organic veggies and sides and then a complimentary dish of ice cream. Perfect!
October - 2009 1063
Rachel and I trying to take a self-portrait. It was a miserable blurry failure. I'm still working on getting the blur out without a flash.
October - 2009 1065
Rachel and Holly
October - 2009 1070
Holly and me

It was a perfect night away!
Whew, the timer JUST went off.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Christina,
Thanks for the crazy fun picture of me! I love it! :) The pic of our moms and us is adorable. You definitely need to give me a copy of that.
Also what you forgot to mention was that we were celebrating 29th BIRTHDAY!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Rachel said...

Ok so you mentioned your birthday but it was so teeny tiny!!

Erica said...

What a perfect getaway weekend! Congratulations, Rachel!! And, of course, Happy 29th Birthday, Christina!
Two very fun occasions!
I love the picture of you girls and your moms.
And staying in pjs until after noon is always great.
Thanks for sharing, and keep the posts coming! :-)
Love you,
Erica

Erica said...

PS-The breakfast pictures are making me hungry this morning. Looks delicious!! And, when I read that you ate at Jason's Deli, my heart sank briefly. You were eating so close to my old house! I always meant to eat there before we moved... :-)
I'm glad it was tasty!
Miss you!

Holly said...

Just one week ago today we were together! Thanks so much for coming. I had a ball! :) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY ENGAGEMENT RACHIE! Love you both!

Sara said...

Looks like fun! Everyone needs a girlfriend weekend once in a while!