Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Series of ten

In ten minutes I can,
empty the dishwasher while simultaneously popping a bag of popcorn (I just did this),
start a load of laundry and pick up the playroom (while I'm down there anyway),
believe it or not, do my hair and make-up, if crunched for time,
make a pan of Kraft macaroni-and-cheese (although not the Spongebob kind, that takes 13 minutes),
brew ten cups of coffee on my new (and most loved appliance ever) Keurig coffee maker (I've never actually brewed ten cups in 10 minutes, but in theory one could at one minute per cup),
jog a mile on the treadmill or
do a ridiculously ab busting workout by Cindy Whitmarsh that I have free on demand,
watch "Hot Topics" on The View,
peel potatoes, roll out dough, start dinner.
There are plenty of ways I can put ten minutes to good use.

Today it occurred to me that maybe if I gave myself ten minutes, just 10 minutes, to update my blog maybe it would stop feeling like such a daunting task and would become something I would just do. Ten minutes wouldn't be enough time for me to over think every picture I post or over analyze every word I type. And maybe, just maybe, I would do it and it would even be fun.

So here it begins, my new blog series. A series of ten. Ten minute posts. Just a quick post with some quick pictures and quick thoughts.

What can you do in ten minutes?

3 comments:

Sara said...

First of all, you are super productive in 10 minutes! In 10 minutes, I can:

Think about maybe making a list about the things I should do at some point in the near future. Or not. :-)

Seriously, though, I love this post! I've been trying to just upload things unedited more often and just get things posted. You've inspired me...maybe I'll join you in your series. :-)

Love you and look forward to seeing you guys next week!

Sara

Erica said...

Yay!!! I love this idea, Christina! And, I'm super excited for all the new posts! I miss you guys!
Love you,
Erica

Holly said...

What a great idea! You are much more productive than me in 10 minutes!!! What can I say, I'm slow paced. Anyhow, way to rub it in about the Keurig!!! j.k. I just really want one! I keep making a half pot of coffee and pouring the leftover down the drain. Wasted $$!!! Anyhow, love this idea. You go girl! :)