Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Helping with dishes

William absolutely loves playing in the water. Whether it be the pool, bathtub or puddles outside, if there's water there he loves it. When Henry was small, probably about the same age as William is now, I discovered a way to keep him happy and occupied in the kitchen while I prepared dinner or baked something. Usually during times when I had to get something done but wanted him near me (or when he insisted on only being near me). A few weeks ago such was the situation with William. He had woken from his nap earlier than usual and I was frantically trying to get dinner made for some neighbors who just brought their new baby home. It was after 3 and I needed to be there by 5. I pulled up a chair, stripped off his clothes and took out a few kitchen toys (measuring cups, ice-cream scoop, plastic bowls, measuring spoons) and turned on the water.
Dinner, check.
Fun, check.
Success!
October - 2009 391
October - 2009 394
October - 2009 396
October - 2009 397
I just love those little chubby legs and squishy dimpled knees. They're so sweet and so ticklish, too!
He had his 2-year well checkup today and at two years old he weighs 35.8 pounds and is 36 inches tall. 95% and 75% respectively.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love those chubby little legs!!