Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

happy birthday Sara!

sara's birthday
Today is sunny and warm, things look bright and fresh, colorful and green. I've been thinking today about how perfectly fitting it is that Sara has a spring birthday. It fits her sunny and warm personality perfectly.

Sara is my sister-in-law but really she is so much more than that to me. That sounds so stuffy and formal and law binding anyway. I consider Sara a sister and true friend; she has known me since I was an emotional, Subway-sandwich-making high school student {ha!}. She is the first person I called when I found out I was pregnant with Henry {since we wanted to surprise our parents in some special way}. She was just a few months pregnant with Gabe, and I knew I could count on her for some nuggets of wisdom. We marveled that our due dates were exactly four months apart. She is incredibly sweet and kind; I admire her hospitality and strive to have a home with doors that always stand open and welcome like theirs. She is an amazing mother to her two sweet boys; always calm and gentle and patient with them. She has a keen eye for detail and design. I love her sense of style personally and in their home - very pretty and sweet and warm at the same time. She is creative and makes Gabe's and Caleb's birthdays memorable occasions by creating beautiful and fun parties. I'm inspired to craft more and make more garlands after being with Sara for the weekend.

Today, this sunny and beautifully warm spring day, is Sara's birthday. I am so thankful for the way our lives are entwined through family and through raising our same-aged boys together. I love you, Sara and look forward to what the next year has in store!

Happy Birthday, Sara!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness - thank you! This was the sweetest post and made me a little teary!

I love you and am so thankful for your friendship. Thanks again for all your kind words - this really made my day - seriously!

Love you!