Pages

Monday, April 04, 2011

last week in pictures

shot_1301440383032
{Henry and William in the bath. Barely enough room for them, yet they find a way to swim under water with goggles.}
{Remember that crazy robin? The one that sits on the line outside the office window and flies into the glass?}
{It's back. You can see it flying into the window with a flourish here. Crazy bird.}
{William stood here and watched, captivated, on Monday morning while I took a shower and got ready.}
shot_1301339088514
{On Tuesday Dolly came to visit. Farmer Grandpa came over to ask for a ride to his tractor and we were busted harboring a dog. He drove in the other direction and she ran after the truck for at least a mile. I thought it was super sad.}
shot_1301337836850
{Dolly is a terrific digger. She can dig a deep hole in like a minute flat. We are all so amazed by this and are plotting ways to bring her to the beach with us to dig some fabulous holes in the sand.}
shot_1301338495160
{On Wednesday, Dolly ran with me on my afternoon run. Every last one of the four miles. This sounds a little silly, but I felt safe and less lonely with her running next to me.}
painting
{On Thursday we went to the museum after school.}
museum
{I love the little stage they have there. Henry played the role of the band-conducting brave knight while William ran the ticket booth.}
  opposum
{On Wednesday we saw a dead opossum. It was just laying there, clearly dead, but still very much in tact. It's teeth were bared and it's long, rough tail curled around it's body. I saw it there during my run Wednesday. We wanted to show the boys the animal that was living under our house for all of those weeks last Fall. So creepy. William was very intrigued and a little bit sad about it. After we tucked him in to bed that night, he came back out to tell Patrick he hoped the opossum was with his mommy and daddy.}
IMAG0282

{And finally, you'll be happy to know the festive house in our old neighborhood is all decked out for Easter.}

3 comments:

Jeanie Bree said...

I love, love, love that picture of the boys in the tub!! I think I have said this before, but why not mention it again. Your photography skills continue to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

I miss that crazy house on Oakland!

Anonymous said...

The bath shot is great. I think it is cool that you get to run with a dog. Does it happen alot?
love,
Sandi