Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rip tide

Day five:

As far as vacations go, Tuesdays are my favorite day. You finally feel settled in, but you still have the whole week ahead.

Today I nearly face-planted on a treadmill - very old workout facilities, and the treadmill stopped, abruptly, without warning when I was running at a 7.2, ha! Erica and I went for a run on the bike path along the beach instead. It was hot and steamy, but felt less dangerous :)

Our pool was closed this morning for maintenance. We spent our morning at the beach instead. A beach patrol (I have no clue about the proper title - he's the guy who combs the beach in a Gator, making William drool), stopped us to explain an area of the beach marked off due to dangerous rip tides. Henry was very intrigued and spent the remainder of our beach time asking me questions - to which I primarily made up answers - about rip tides.
Do they pull you in from your chair? How about from the sand?
Do people get out of them?

At nap time, I went to the beach and sat quietly by myself. It was peaceful and grounding and all of those things one feels watching sparkling waves crash against the white sandy shore.

Our family skipped formal dinner plans tonight in exchange for a walk to get ice cream (heaping huge scoops of ice cream) and then went for a night swim at the pool.

Tomorrow there is a chance for rain, I might take William to the zoo in the morning and pray for the clouds to clear in the afternoon!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

Holstix said...

I am so jealous! Have a wonderful time!