Pages

Friday, January 06, 2012

it's 2012!

It's the start of another year; the beginning of something new. Without making any formal resolutions, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I hope this year looks like.
I hope I will say yes more often.
Yes, I will crawl around, knees to the hard wood and yes I will be the mommy lion. Yes, I will play spies with you. Yes, you can have pancakes for dinner {it's ok every now and again}. Yes, it's happy hour at Sonic, let's get us some cherry limeades!
I hope I will be patient and make our home a place of peace of rest. I hope our boys will feel comforted and at rest, not rushed and harried.
I hope I will be able to paint and put nail holes in walls.
I hope I will trust God, leaning on Him for each new day and be reminded on the bad days that His mercies are new every morning.
I hope I will practice hospitality.
I hope I will other people before myself. My children, husband, family and friends. And also strangers, people I encounter on the library steps and in the supermarket aisles. And people half a world away who live each day without having their daily needs met - I want to put them before myself too.
I hope I will be grateful and thankful.
It's a new year and I am full of hope for things that are to come. My hope isn't in myself or in what I might be able to accomplish through my own might, but in God and in what I hope he will accomplish through me.

For what you have done, I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.
Psalm 52: 8-9
 I can hope indeed and hoping is good, for we serve a good God who will never leave us or forsake us.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thank you for these unselfish and hopeful reminders.

Here's to 2012!

Love you!

Sara