Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

William's county fair

This post is coming at you from way back in 2010. I know, that is like so two years ago.
:)
It's just that every time I open my Picnik account, these pictures comes up:

And every time I think to myself --- why have I not posted about the county fair party?? I think at first it was because I was being critical of the pictures I took. But now, over a year later, all I see when I look at these is family that I love {and miss so dearly -- Erica, Bret and Ben} and friends who drove all the way to the country to celebrate and memories that I don't want to forget.
{I can't find a picture of William's invitation, but these are the ones I ordered.}
I loved everything about this Etsy shop from the minute I found it. Loralee was so sweet to work with. She got my invitations printed and sent to me in a hurry -- I remember wanting to have them before we left for Florida. She was really personable and super friendly. {And, as a side note, in 2011, she was asked to help with swag bags for the Emmy Awards!}
Welcome to the County Fair!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Guests arriving on a hayrack driven by Farmer Grandpa.
October - 2010 270
Picnik collage
We ate hot dogs, kettle corn and chili. It was the 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off. My mom, Patrick and Dan entered the contest.  The chili was delicious and every one unique. Dan's smoky and my mom's a white chicken chili and Patrick's very traditional beefy and bean. My favorite was the tray of fixins - shredded cheddar, green onions, avocado, mini saltines and cornbread muffins.
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
October - 2010 428
October - 2010 425
Picnik collage
Photo booth fun.
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Singing to the birthday boy.
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
County Fair games: sack races, three-legged race, donuts on a string and apple bobbing.
Picnik collage
And scoops of candy for the favor. I also ordered these bags from Loralee's etsy shop. They were printed on glassine bags. Again, super pleased with the quality!

His party was the weekend of  Halloween, so the party ended with lots of boys turned superheroes!
Happy 3rd Birthday William! You sweet little blondie -- we just returned from Florida a week or two before the party which is why he is so tan and blonde :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love Love Love this!!! Have I ever told you that party planning is your thing and you keep doing it. You could make big bucks doing this as a side job!!! I wish I could of had you up for Preston's party. Luv you and miss you!!!

Rachel said...

OMGSH, this was so much fun! I remember the boys trying to eat the apple in the wind.... it was hilarious!!!! :) I miss the farm!

Sara said...

This was SUCH a fun party! Every detail was perfect - including the farm setting!

Remind me - I need to get you the video of the donut-on-a-string contest!