Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

unexpected beauty

November - 2011 016
November - 2011 023
November - 2011 017
November - 2011 020
In the spring this little beauty might get looked over with it's petite blooms and bare branches. But in the winter, everyone stops to stare. No one expects anything to bloom in the midst of winter. And yet, only weeks ago, this bush that stands at the edge of concrete and in a pile of rocks was blooming. Pink blossoms on bare brown branches.
November - 2011 021
{Even this basketball playing boy had to stop and take a serious look.}
I've just been thinking about the ways God takes care of us. Big things and little things--- in this case diminutive things. He knows {and you know if you've stuck around long enough} that I loved my pink peonies at Leland St. I miss my pink peonies. Mostly in the early spring when the days are longer and warmer and the grass is greener and when I start to see them lining people's lawns. But God knows that and I love that this little unexpected blooming flower is another reminder of his love.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this pic of Henry!
Rachel

Sara said...

This is so crazy to me...those blooms are beautiful! What a special little blessing. :-)