Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

oh boys

{January 11, 2013}
On Friday afternoon, just as I was meeting some friends at McDonald's for lunch with our younger children, I got a phone call from Henry's school nurse. My first thought was throw up. I was ready to get him and had a battle plan for the stomach flu. She told me he was doing ok, but had a collision with another child at recess and was in her office with a pretty bruised and swollen eye. She let me talk to him and asked me to decide with him whether I'd come pick him up or not. His sweet voice on the phone sounded so little and small that when I asked him if he wanted me to come for him and when he said yes, I hung up and quickly left McDonald's. Thank goodness for friends who watched William so he could stay and play. 

I took these pictures Friday night before bed. I told him to make his maddest boxer/Hulk face. He's pretty convincing and that eye is just scary! He's doing fine now, just nursing a very black and blue eye. The swelling is gone. And he was thrilled when I picked him up and told him we were meeting friends at McDonald's and that he got to join us. {As an added bonus, his best friend Charlie had a half day of school on Friday and happened to be there too!} And he was pretty excited about his little sticker too, it says, "Please watch me, I BUMPED MY HEAD!". He peeled it off and stuck it on his jammies Friday night! And thankfully the little boy he collided with is doing fine. He hopped up and walked away with no injuries. Head bumps are always that way, one person gets the brunt of it.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh sweet Henry! I'm glad he was able to join the fun lunch at McDonald's. That makes the black eye worth it :-)

Sandi said...

Glad it wasn't serious, but can't say I'm surprised. Both your boys enter into everything they do with oodles of energy and enthusiasm so some collisions are inevitable. Glad you decided to get him. They are only little once.

Sara said...

Sugar love! That's a real black eye! Glad he is OK. A little late, but give him kisses from
Aunt Sara! xo