Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

simplicity

It's a new year and I once again have the urge to simplify. To pare down and clean up and under complicate things. Partially I think it's because I tend to always over complicate them during the holidays and I end up feeling worn out and tired. A  new year is a fresh start and a clean slate. When we took down our Christmas decor this year, I found myself ready to paint the whole house white or cream or some dreamy light shade. I still love basking in what feels like a nearly empty living room now.

Yesterday I took my camera outside and set off to capture the simplicity that exists around us in January. {While the boys rode their Gator, at 8 am and possibly woke the neighbors.} I find myself drawn to the textures; the log in the wood pile and the bark on the maple, the rustic wood and the snatches of color; green moss and groups of red berries on a bare branch bush. There is beauty in simplicity and I'm going to spend this month paring down, hopefully painting light and basking in a simple, under complicated schedule.

8 comments:

Erica said...

You've got the eye! I love these pictures. And love that the boys were riding the gator so early...you know Ben would be with them if he were there. He loves that gator!

Holly said...

Cool pics! When are you unleashing your photog business? You are better than my prof. wedding photos!!!

Sandi said...

Erica is right. You have a great eye for composition. You and Sara should start an online phone business with your nature shots!

Sara said...

Pretty pics! I've almost forgotten about my camera - time to bust it out again!

Sara said...

Pretty pics! I've almost forgotten about my camera - time to bust it out again!

Sara said...

Pretty pics! I've almost forgotten about my camera - time to bust it out again!

Sara said...

Pretty pics! I've almost forgotten about my camera - time to bust it out again!

Sara said...

Oh my - sorry that posted so many times!