Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Favorite Thing About Spring...




Is PEONY'S! I'm completely in love with the peony bushes we have outside our house. They are blooming now and they are just so beautiful and so fragrant. I can't resist cutting them and bringing them in even though they have to be thoroughly shaken out for ants. I love our house in the spring/summer. There are so many flowers and bushes and plants that just emerge from out of nowhere. It's so beautiful, I just love being outside.

Speaking of favorites, Henry's new favorite thing right now is www.johndeere.com It's obviously the company's website, but it has tons of pictures of tractors and lawn equipment and even instructional videos that show the machinery in action. I never knew I would be so excited to find tractor videos online, but I am! Henry will sit on my lap in the office and he gets so excited watching the tractors and looking at the pictures. It's so funny and sweet. I absolutely love that God has made him so uniquely Henry. I definitely know that it wasn't me who gave him this passion for large machines (!), but it's in his heart. He loves them. Watching the world through his eyes is so amazing. It's amazing to realize that God makes each person unique and gives them interests and passions independent of anything that can be taught.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Your peonys are beautiful! I might need to snag one! :)

Henry and his tractors!! I just love it! That is so sweet!

Youre last day of work is almost near too! Only one more week left! :) Woo hoo!

Amber Stubbs said...

Those flowers are beautiful! Since we bought the house, I have taken great pride in my small, yet glorious flower bed! It has tulips, my favorite. I smile every time I drive into the yard because of them...so, I know what you are saying. You are brave though, because I don't have the heart to cut any of them! henry sounds like so much fun...i can't wait to meet him someday! and the new little one, sounds like everything is going well with the baby. It is funny what people crave, mine was tunafish sandwiches, and they say not to eat a lot of tunafish, but i couldn't help it. Shawn and I would go to Neds at least 2 times a week! By the way, a little update, Neds closed!! :( how sad!

Sally said...

I can completely relate about the passion in your children that is just there. It makes me wonder how it will be used someday in the world, what purpose God intends for it. I think my husband understands more of the "where does it come from" question about Nathan loving cars so much, because we're pretty sure it comes from my side of the family (my dad built a Camaro, for example!). The other day driving on the road he correctly pointed out that the car in front of us was a Corvette. HOW DID HE KNOW THAT?
I also love peonies!! My mom just brought me a bouquet of them among other flowers from her yard. I want to plant a peony bush someday.. maybe I'll copy you and photograph the beautiful peonies she brought.

Katie said...

I love that comment "it's in his heart" - how sweet! It almost brings tears to my eyes though I'm not sure why...