Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Week 17

Baby #2 is doing well! I had a doctor's appointment today and brought Henry with me. He did great at the appointment, even saying goodbye to the nurse and then my doctor when she left the room. He seemed so happy to be there and knew that we were there to check on the baby. He kept lifting up his shirt and looking at his tummy for his baby. I wish I knew how crazy the concept of a baby being in someones tummy seemed to a 22 month old. I can only imagine what he's thinking when I tell him that there's a baby in my tummy!

The baby's heartbeat was 160. At 12 weeks it was mid-160's and at my 9-week ultrasound it was 174. I wish I'd recorded Henry's from all of my appointments when I was pregnant with him. I remember he was always lower, but I don't know exactly what they were at which week. My weight gain is astronomical. I gained 9 pounds in the past 5 weeks since my last visit! I figured I would have gained at least 5 (1 per week), but I was pretty surprised by 9. Thus far my greatest weight gain to date. I think with Henry the most I gained at one visit was 6. A healthy baby definitely is far more important to me than a number on a scale so I'm not going to let that get me down, it was just a surprise worth noting.

My latest pregnancy cravings have been: #1 SUBWAY veggie subs. I'm loving these and eat them at least 3 times a week. Also I've been loving macaroni and cheese. My appetite has definitely increased the past few weeks. There are times when I am absolutely so hungry day and night and if I don't eat something almost immediately I feel shaky. I'm still not really craving any sweets, or pop. I still want lots of fresh things, mostly fruit-pineapples, apples and strawberries have been the biggest cravings.

My 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for June 5th. We're anxious to know whether Henry's having a baby brother or sister. He always says "bubba" (brother) when we ask him, but I'm really not sure either way. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Amy said...

There is always the old wives tale about a faster heartrate is a girl while a slower one is a boy - or the other way around. i can never remember, but there is one about that to determine the sex of the baby. Glad to hear things are going well!

Beeo said...

hI CHRISTINA Vick, You know that is my new code name for you, this is HOllys mom and I am writing to tell you how gorgeous you both (Holly and you) looked in the pics at Brandy's wedding. About the baby, I predict a girl. I know either will be a great blessing. I believe that my girls I carried higher and all up front and my boys were lower and I gained more in the trunk, if you know what I mean. I am glad you are doing well. Look forward to seeing you and Joyce soon. Talk to you soon, Love, Del

Sara said...

I'm glad everything went well at the check-up. We cannot WAIT for June 5 to find out if we're having another nephew or a niece! A girl would be a blast and so fun to buy girly things for, but for selfish reasons, a boy would be great so we could have another buddy for our little guy. :-)

Don't worry about the wait gain. I've had some of those big jumps, too, and like you say, a healthy baby is the most important thing!

Love you guys and hope to see you again soon!

Sara

Jeanie Bree said...

Christina,
Glad to hear your doctor's appt went so great and theat Henry is getting excited for the new baby. I'll be so sad when you leave Montessori, but I promise to call and arrange tons of play dates.
Jeanie

Katie said...

Hey girl - as is everybody else, I am thrilled that things are going so well for you with baby #2 and that Henry is feeling better (and Patrick!)...can't wait to see you next month - by the way what beautiful highlights Henry has in the latest pic you posted! Girls would kill for that! :)
Love you all!