Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Our New Closet

Our former closet (I know, it's bad!) Note: Patrick's hook to the right
Patrick (and Henry) building the new closet

The door leading into the new closet
Here you can see the door to the new closet is open and behind it is the old closet door
Patrick's side-sure beats just a hook!
My new side--space for clothes (even my maternity clothes have a special rack), purses, jewelry, love it!




Patrick's been at it again...he just built a walk-in closet in our master bedroom. Our former closet had a slanted shape from the way the roof curves just above it and had just one long bar which my clothes completely took over. Since we've moved into this house, Patrick has had just one hook in which to (try to) hang all of his clothes. He built a wall into our bedroom and dry-walled it and then hung all of the closet organizers and voila! A new, spacious closet! I'm sure it took more work than that, but he did it pretty quickly-about 2 weeks start to finish. In the pictures above I know it probably just looks like a closet, you're probably thinking, how boring? However, it represents organization to me and I have been loving getting things organized and having the extra space. Our former closet we're now using as a storage space which is really handy for bulky stuff (luggage) and baby stuff (the swing, baby bath, bouncy seat, etc). He also painted the trim (white) and walls in our room. So our master bedroom is now a finished project.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Nicely done...I'm so impressed! I would say the space you lost was definitely worth what you gained!

Good job, Patrick (and Henry)!

Love you guys,

Sara