Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

William's first day of preschool









William started preschool two weeks ago{and just before the installation of our new front door mat, ahem, pardon the nasty front porch}. I'm so proud of him. He has been cheerful every morning while we are getting ready and always happily and confidently marches into his classroom. He smiles and says "good" when we ask him "how was school today". We have a deal worked out on the ride home from school where I tell him all of my 'scoop' and then he tells me his. So far, I've learned that they sing a weather song, take a bathroom break and once played outside and drew with sidewalk chalk.

My heart was heavy that first morning when I'd kissed him goodbye and left the building. Tears welled up before I could open the door to my car and were pooled in the rim of my sunglasses when I turned on the ignition. I wiped them and started to drive away. The silence in the car and emptiness in the backseat only caused them to erupt more and more. So I prayed that he would be courageous and brave. I prayed that he would feel loved and would feel happy. And when I picked him up, he was happy and I know he'd felt loved. I'm proud of the courageous little learner he is and my heart is so happy that he is able to make friends and attend school. He has an entire story to write of his own and my mother's heart will stretch and grow watching him as he is such an important part of mine.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness - I am loving all these posts (and you're making me feel motivated!). :-)

I love your sweet sentiments about William's first days in preschool. It's so hard when they become a little less ours, but so fulfilling to know they are doing well in a new stage of their lives.

William is adorable - love all these pics!

He will do great!

Love you guys!

sara

Unknown said...

Way to go William!! By the way he looks an awful lot like your brother in some of the photos.

Lisa said...

Great job William!! You are so handsome and getting so big!! Great job mommy too for being so brave, it's hard when they leave us!!

Erica said...

Precious William. Love these special first day pictures of him. Your last line made me teary (and was so beautifully put...should be in a book :-) Our boys do have their own stories to write, and it's a honor to be a part of it.

I'm glad he loves school and is doing so well. I knew he would. He's such a friendly, sweet boy.

Love you guys!