Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

public speaking in first grade

Yesterday we were invited to Henry's classroom for the children's presentations on community helpers. Henry gave a report on police. He had nervous jitters in the morning before school, but by the afternoon at the time of his presentation he was calm and did great. I absolutely would rather do almost anything than stand up and speak in front of people, so this crowd fearing mama is very proud of my first grade boy.
"A police is important."

"A police helps you when bad guys are trying to trick you."

"They drive special cars."  



"Police go to special school for police. They research on bad guys."

"We like police."                       


3 comments:

Erica said...

This made me teary! So proud of Henry!!!!

Love you guys!

Sara said...

Way to go Henry! Giving a repot at that age is quite impressive!

xo

Sandi said...

I agree that public speaking is awful and since I teach I do it a lot but I still get nervous and afterwards think about all the mistakes I made and things I said. Henry is very brave. Wish I could have heard his speech.