Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Some Pregnancy Reflections...


Well, I'm 22 weeks along. 5 1/2 months already! And the time is flying this time. I did vow to myself that when I was pregnant again I would try not to complain about things or rush things along. I vowed to just enjoy every moment of pregnancy: each flutter and craving and pound. Here are some reflections on the past few weeks:
1. The heat: It is so hot! I am such a summer lover and I'm trying to make the most of this warm summer weather. Henry and I have been going to the pool and spending a lot of time outside. But I'm the first one to put my chair in the shade...a place you would have never found me before. Being pregnant in the summer is definitely hot. The good twist is that I usually freeze whenever I go into stores or restaurants in the summer because of their air-conditioning. Not this summer...when I'm inside I finally feel just right. I really haven't found myself cold once!
2. Peanuts, almonds and peanut butter: I have been loving anything and everything with peanut butter added, sandwiches, celery, apples, or just by the spoonful. Also peanut butter ice-cream has become a new favorite. I've never been as crazy about peanut butter as I am now. Also I have been loving almonds. I buy them in resealable bags at Target and carry them with me everywhere! It helps when I get hungry in between meals.
3. Maternity clothes: Ok, so I said I was vowing not to complain and I'll try to stick to that. I will just say that not only are a lot of styles not very fashionable or flattering, but I've found that many of the pants/capris I've tried on seem to be very bulgy in the behind adding to their unflatteringness. What is up with bulgy bottomed maternity pants?
4. Kicks and flutters: This little one is really starting to move! His movements are getting stronger and now some of them can be felt outside my belly. Patrick just got to feel him move for the first time. These little flutters are one of my very favorite things about being pregnant.
5. "You poor thing!": I had my first comment for this pregnancy noting from someone how big I'm getting. One of Patrick's great aunts said to me, "I'll be praying for you." I thanked her thinking that with two little boys, I'll need all of the prayers I can get! She proceeded to say, "they tell me you're only halfway through and have to make it all the way to October" then she kind of sighed. How funny! I don't feel huge or that I'm not going to make it. It's funny how people perceive things.

I'll keep adding to this list of reflections as time goes on. I also need to start taking regular pictures. This is the first posed picture we've taken with this pregnancy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

How cute you look! You are beautiful and I don't think you look big at all! Can't wait to see you next weekend! Love you!

Rachel said...

Christina, You are darling and fabulous! I defintely don't notice a bulgy bottom! :) HAHA. I think you are beautiful even if you are a nut eating, tummy fluttering, bulgy butt "poor thing"... I'm just kidding!! You are one HOT Mama! You definitely seem to be enjoying your pregnancy (and time with Henry and Patrick) which is what matters most! :)