Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Daddy's boy

Spring is here, it's official on the calendar and in the springlike weather we've been having. Henry has been begging Patrick for weeks to take his big mower to mow the lawn. Finally last week Patrick gave in and decided to give the super short, but starting to grow, grass a little trim and they mowed together.
First a picture of Henry mowing with Patrick last spring - doesn't he look so little?
Henry mowing with Patrick this spring. He couldn't wait to take his bubble mower out! I love how parallel they are in these mowing pictures. Henry really mimics Patrick. It's very sweet to watch them together.


Since beginning a new job in the fall and now beginning to commute, Patrick is working longer days. Henry has really been missing him and has become a bit of a daddy's boy. He says things to Patrick that just completely melt my heart and his, too. Here's a few of them: "Daddy, you're the best friend I could ever have" (he's really into adding "ever" to things), running to Patrick when he walked into the house one evening, "Daddy, I missed you sooo much!", and asking him "you got to go to work Daddy, or do you want to come play with me?" Very sweet, and also very bittersweet when Patrick does have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't mope around the house all day when Patrick's not home, but he just absolutely loves his daddy and I heard him tonight after his bath when Patrick was putting on his pjs say to him, "I love you Daddy". And that sums it up.


3 comments:

Holly said...

How sweet. Love the pics! There is only one word to sum up this post, and these moments- PRECIOUS!

Erica said...

I love these pictures of Henry with Patrick. These are precious memories! Henry is such a sweet, loving boy.

Sara said...

I'm so excited for these posts and pics! I was just thinking I needed to see some updated pictures of my nephews. :-)

They are so cute and we need to get together soon!