Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A new game

Did anyone's family ever do highs and lows from the day around the dinner table? It's when you go around the table and everyone says the low point of their day or the worst thing that happened and their high point of the day or the best thing that happened. I was thinking this might be something fun to post on once a week. It would be a good way to share something exciting that's happened and also to laugh about something not so great. Anyone want to join in on the fun? I'll start:

First my low point from last week (so we can end on something positive):
Running over a clerk with my shopping cart at Wal-Mart who was bent over stocking shelves. I was hurriedly pushing my cart through the pasta aisle with William in his carseat in the front and Henry sitting in the back with the groceries when I hear "ahhhhhh". I quickly stopped the cart and saw a nice lady stand up from the floor. She had been crouching down stocking the shelves when I crashed into her. I really didn't even see her down there. In my defense, it's really hard for me to see over the top of William's carseat. Henry was too engrossed in his donut to alert me of her presence. Luckily she was very kind and thankfully not injured.

Now for the high point: ('s - I have a few)

  • Seeing my friend Tiffany, the new mother of quadruplets, for lunch on Saturday. She looks great and is doing really well! She has a very contagious positive attitude and she and her husband will be the best parents to 4 little babies! Can you even imagine? It was good to catch up with her and was the first time I've seen her since the babies were born. They're 6 weeks old and they're all doing really well. Yay!
  • Celebrating Gabe's 3rd birthday. We went to Chicago for his party on Saturday. I'm going to dedicate a whole post to this because it was such a great party and I have lots of pictures! Sara (and Dan) threw the cutest themed party I've seen. So much fun. More to come...
  • Having a sleepover with Holly. She came to visit during her spring break from school. She got here late in the evening and we wanted to go shopping but after leaving Starbucks around 10, the options were limited, so we wisely chose Wal-Mart and Meijer. Then we had fun with the boys on Friday, going on a walk to the bakery and park, and baking sugar cookies. We're so similar in so many ways that we once made up a song about being twins before we even met. Weird? Maybe. But we're the best of friends and it's always so much fun when we're together.
Ok, so that was my turn doing highpoint and lowpoint. Wanna join in on the fun? I'd love to read yours, too!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I have visited the Michaels' blog and I was surprised to find out that they had their babies at Carle...my sister works there! Anyway, I would have to say that my high was getting a few things that I wanted with my employee discount (I blogged about it if you want more info.). My low point was finding out that my temporary job won't turn into a permanent job because they don't have enough hours for me...and that means I lose my discount at the end of the week.

Anonymous said...

My highs -
1. Gabe's birthday party and seeing both families and all the grandkids.
2. Having it be a little warmer so I could finish one section of the raised garden and put up the "greenhouse".
3. Cory wrote two computer programs during his service project for Tim to use at the Rescue Mission and Tim said they worked out great. It's fun to see them working together.
My lows -
We've all been a little under the weather this week.
Love you all,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Sounds fun...always up for a new game!
Lows:(in the grand scheme of life these are more like stressors than lows) 1. Getting backed-up with laundary.
2. Feeling "crunch" time with Ainsley's 1st b-day coming up.

Highs:
1.Kaylee going "poop" on sitters potty. She's got the pee thing down but tends to only poop at night when she has a pull-up on for bed.
2.Ainsley starting to take 2 steps vs. 1 step.
3. Dropping off of Kaylee's enrollment stuff to reserve her August spot at Montessori.

Sara said...

Ok, this is a good idea. I'd say my high (not to be repetitive) was Gabe's birthday party and seeing all of you. My low was Gabe having a fever at the beginning of the week, but thankfully he's feeling better, so I guess that's another high!

Love you,

SAra