Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Highs and Lows

I have some catching up to do - as evidenced by the barrage of blog posts below. I didn't give up on posting highs and lows, I'm just a little bit behind. So this post is going to be the highs and lows from the past two weeks.

Highs:
  • Being a guest reader at Henry's preschool. I read "I Love You, Stinky Face" , that has become one of his favorites since getting it as a Christmas gift from Dan and Sara this year. He didn't see me when I first got there and I was standing in the back of the classroom so I was able to observe him there. I loved watching him answer questions and sit criss-cross on his carpet square. I was excited to be able to read a story to his class and be a part of their morning. There's a part of me that loves being in the classroom setting and misses it at times. I love that there are opportunities to help and be involved in Henry's school.
  • Having a date night with Patrick that involved running some errands (getting new cell phones) and going to dinner together. Henry and William went to Patrick's parent's house for the evening while we went out. It was so nice to get out together and also to have a quiet, relaxing, unrushed dinner that didn't involve cutting up anyone else's food or using coloring crayons. It was very nice.

Lows:

  • Missing Sara's surprise 30th birthday party. We missed being there to celebrate with Sara and the family. We still need to celebrate, Sara....we'll have to plan something big to do soon!!
  • Missing the jewelry show. Holly is responsible for introducing this to me and creating a bejeweled loving monster. It's one of my favorite things to go to and it only happens 4 times a year. While I really don't need anymore big baubles to wear on my wrists, ears or around my neck, I do always love to go to look and see what great bargains I can find. Our favorite stops are the dollar booths where everything is just $1.00. For everyone who is intrigued, the next show is in July. I really hope to go then!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You guys are sweet; I definitely missed you guys, but I totally understand. We'll definitely plan something soon (not so much to celebrate my b-day as just to see you guys).

Let me know next time you guys go to the jewelry show; I really would like to find those scarves and pashminas again!

My highs:
My birthday and surrounding events.
Check-ups confirming 2 healthy boys (and no shots).
Keeping up on baby Liv via the Jones blog.
Both boys sleeping through the night twice this week (on the same night).

My lows:
Feeling very sad after watching Kite Runner (viewer discretion advised; good, but very sad and some very disturbing scenes).
Seeing our neighbor mourn the passing of her husband this week.

Erica said...

I love that book. It's so fun that you were a guest reader. I can't wait for those days to come!
It's great that you and Patrick got to go on a date night together. I am definitely interested in the jewelry show in July. You and Holly always have the cutest stuff from there!
Love,
Erica