Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Holly's 26th Birthday


Holly, the birthday girl and hostess. She is a party planner extraordinaire. She and her mom, Delcine throw the most extravagant parties complete with beautiful decorations, adorable, tasty and generous favors, and delicious homemade gourmet food. They are also the life of the party and know how to have a good time. Holly's birthday parties have become a summer tradition that I look forward to. The table was set so beautifully. Everything was perfectly decorated and coordinated. Her theme this year was flowers so everything was decorated using a floral theme and was beautiful and really tasteful. The food was Asian inspired and my mouth still waters thinking about how good it all tasted. I would prefer it to take-out in a heartbeat! At each guest's place setting there was a chocolate place card with the guest's name written on it (also in chocolate, yum), a homemade and decorated flower sugar cookie, and a chocolate dipped pretzel rod with chocolate floral embellishments. Holly had also potted flowers for each guest in terra cotta pots and there was a beautiful hand beaded bracelet by Delcine wrapped around the bottom of each pot. See more of Delcine's jewelry here. Everything was absolutely adorable and tasty and everyone took home so many nice favors!

Holly and me





She looked beautiful. I loved her dress and coordinated jewelry (also made by her mom- Delcine!) Holly, me and RachelHolly and RachelSara, me and my mom




During the party Patrick took Henry and William to Dan and Sara's house to play with Gabe and Caleb. They had fun playing and went to dinner together. Afterwards they came back to Holly's house and we spent the night there. Rachel also spent the night and we had so much fun. We looked through pictures from the party, ate leftovers and stayed up much too late. Staying after her parties has become as much of a tradition as the party itself and I always look forward to this weekend during the summer to spend time with girlfriends.


Holly and me.


The morning after her party outside in her yard and on the front porch.


Holly and Delcine.



They still look beautiful the day after the party. If they're exhausted from throwing a fun, beautiful, delicious party no one can tell.




Henry and Holly. Here's Henry buckled into the van. One last picture before we go ---we realized we'd taken them mostly of ourselves!




William and Delcine. Henry calls her "Grandma Del".



Happy Birthday, Holly- my twin before we even met. I love you and hope this fabulous party is just the start of a great year to come!

4 comments:

Sara said...

This was definitely a fabulous party! I'm glad I ditched my party prep to join you guys. Holly, if you're reading this, you're a party planning legend!!

Sara said...

This was definitely a fabulous party! I'm glad I ditched my party prep to join you guys. Holly, if you're reading this, you're a party planning legend!!

Anonymous said...

What a great party! I would definitely agree with Sara; Holly AND Delcine are party planning legends! It's the most coveted invitation of the year!! Forget about going to see Oprah; if you get an invitation to the Hoeninger's, you know you've made it! Thanks for the fun and for the memories, Holly! I had a blast, like always! Thanks for sharing the photos, Christina! Love, Mom

Holly said...

You all are TOO MUCH! You are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words! We loved having you all come up and as always time just goes too quickly. I loved every moment of our fun together, except for the BOX fiasco! Ahhh another memory to add to the Jigga Book. (It's just too bad that it doesn't really exist!). LOL Love you lots!