Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rambler Reunion

What is a Rambler you ask? It's my high school's mascot: a fighting school bus. Why a Rambler you ask? The story goes that way back in the day our high school didn't have any sport facilities and therefore had to travel by bus to all of its sporting events. I guess they "rambled" down the road and hence became the "ramblers". And the fighting bus, probably just because a regular school bus isn't scary enough.
Last Saturday (June 28) was my 10-year high school reunion. I desperately wanted to be there to reunite with my former Winthrop High School classmates in Maine and find out how their lives have changed over the past ten years. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me to go. Initially airfare was so high that we waited to buy tickets hoping that prices would go down (nope, they didn't), and then Patrick learned that he would have to be out of town for a regional EJ meeting that was mandatory for him. I couldn't figure out how to fly out there alone with both boys and juggle the travel and both boys for the weekend by myself. I was heartbroken to miss it because I've really been anxious see my friends from high school and I wanted so much to bring my family there. I know Henry would love Maine. Even though I've lost touch with most of my classmates now, they were such an important part of my life for so many years as we grew up together. Katie and Amber who are still dear friends after ten years have graciously filled me in on the details of the day and the moments that I missed.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love Winthrop's mascot! I'm really sorry you weren't able to go to your reunion. I should have called you that Thursday anyways and caused confusion. I'm sorry I didn't. I'm glad Amber and Katie were able to fill you in on the details. Some of my best memories are in Maine with you, and I would love to go back someday too. You'll have to go to your 15/20 year reunion, and you only get better with time! I mean the thirties are the new 20s, the forties are the new 30s, the fifties are the new 40s....
I want to hear some details!
Love you,
Erica